Integral Consulting is a small environmental consultancy working with local governments in Melbourne, Australia. We assist their responses to climate change, energy, water, waste and other issues by providing expertise in:
- professional writing (e.g. getting grants for environmental projects)
- business case and strategy development
- innovation support
- meeting facilitation
Our special interests are:
- supporting innovative and progressive responses to environmental issues
- local food production and community (re)building
- renewable energy and carbon emissions reductions
- stormwater harvesting and water efficiency
- developing organisational creativity and 'outside the square' solutions to problems
An ongoing exploration for us in doing work to make the 'outer' world a more healthy place is the relevance of 'inner' work i.e. looking after ourselves, staying positive in the face of overwhelming issues, healthy relationships in the workplace, encouraging free thinking and innovation as core aspects of our work culture.
This is very important - many of Melbourne's local governments are staffed by fairly straight laced managers... so as green and progressive thinking as Integral Consulting is, what we in fact need in a logo is something that will appeal to them as well as to us.
The managers are the ones who do the hiring, but generally speaking the way we get business is through the manager being told by their 'environmental officers' about our services.
So we want something that expresses our values, whilst appealing to both the managers and environmental officers.
Local Government Managers are:
- generally between 30 and 50 in age
- fairly middle of the road in terms of their aesthetic sense (if their dress sense is anything to go by!)
- sometimes uncomfortable about taking risks
- interested in more than just the bottom line, i.e. they care about the environmental and social implications of their work
Environmental officers are
- young (25-35)
- progressive thinking and creative
- more open minded and less risk averse than their managers
- excited by smart environmental innovations
Integral Consulting are
- see 'about us' above
We want something that conveys visually what we have to offer:
- new ideas
- economic and environmental credentials
- vision and solutions for a healthy planet
Its essential that the by-line "Innovation and strategy for a healthy planet" appears as part of the logo
Some words to describe the vibe we are looking for (not in any particular order)
- a new earth
The logo will go onto our website, business cards, stationary etc. We may also ask the winning designer for further work on our website and business cards etc.
Font(s) used needs to be supplied so we can use it for further work (can be an extra cost if its a font you need to pay for but please advise us of that towards the end of the contest once we have narrowed the field a bit). Also artwork needs to be supplied in a form we can work with, i.e. photoshop/illustrator and .svg formats so we can use Inkscape to play more with it.
Good luck, we will do our best to provide feedback and thanks in advance for supporting our journey in making a difference !