This is a fun project for any web designers/developers. There are cool design elements, and a fun script to incorporate (from Sitepoint!) for developers.
The client is starting a new medical practice in San Diego that revolves around preventative medicine and natural health for women.
San Diego Center for Women's Health
A fresh approach to women's health
Desired Color Scheme:
See creative brief.
See creative brief.
Accepted File Formats:
Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
This site should be very professional looking, yet friendly and warm.
- No logo exists yet.Â
- The tagline is 'A fresh approach to women's health.'
- There are no guidelines.Â ---BASIC INFO:
- San Diego Center for Women's Health
- Dr. Sally Boreau
- Integrative/Holistic Women's Health---PAGES ON THE SITE / NAVIGATION:
- About Dr. Boreau
- ServicesÂ - includes about 10 service subpages
- Office Policies
- Patient forms
- Contact---SITE DESIGN GUIDELINES:
- Min page width 1000px.Â 100% stretch widths are okay as well.
- No flash.
- Logo should be in upper left, as usual.
- Phone number (619-555-5555), and "make an appointment online"Â link should be in upper right area of all pages.
- The client wishes to incorporate 'strawberries' in the design (since the tagline is 'A fresh approach to women's health.') Still, it needs to be clear that this is a medical practice, so it still has to look professional/medical.
- Footer should be text-based and contain (1) name of business, phone (2) address and links to google/yahoo maps, (3) all pages in the site as text links, (4) copyright.---SITE DESIGN DO NOTS:
- Basic, fill-in-the-blank templates are highly discouraged and frowned upon.Â Don't waste your time - our ours.---EXAMPLE SITES THAT ARE LIKED:
- eternalhealthclinic.org***Note: These sites are not professional-looking enough, but have nice elements to them.
---SITE DEVELOPMENT GUIDELINES:
- Please include standards-based CSS.Â Also, all content headlines should defined as H1, H2, tags in the CSSÂ Thanks!
- When developed, you will be required to build a 'CatFish' (ala SitePoint)!Â This is easy and fun to do, and a very cool trick to put in your arsenal.You can get a tutorial on the Catfish here:Â http://ianpurton.com/how-to-create-…romotions/
- The Catfish content will be an email newsletter signup form (name/email)... but make it pretty!Â Â ---PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND:
- Winner: In addition to the code, all images, fonts, PSDs, etc must be properly liscensed and delivered.Â Use free fonts, or fonts included with Photoshop CS3.Â Do not include copyrighted, expensive fonts in your design.
- By entering this contest, you affirm that you are the legal owner and creator of the entry.
- By entering this contest, you affirm that you have permission to use all images, and all images used have been legally obtained.Â You also affirm that all images may be legally used in the future by the site owner/publisher.
- Winner will supply a signed contract, assigning copyright to the contest-holder, before payment is issued. The designer, in writing, will also warrant the originality of the artwork.
- Contest winners will supply full name, address, and phone number before payment is issued, in the event of a copyright.---EXTRA POINTS GO TO:
- Whoever can find the easter egg in this creative brief.GOOD LUCK!Â Keep your eyes on the general comments, as I will actively add to them during the contest.
This contest was originally listed in multiple categories:
- Logo Design
- Web Page Design (Coded)