You'll be designing a "Feature Graphic" (banner logo) for my Android application "Lonely Tree Live Wallpaper". I don't have anything specific in mind, other than that I want it to look at home among the following:
You can take a look at the banner I'm currently using here:
IMPORTANT: Although I'm currently using photographs and I've included the original photograph in the .zip file, a cartoon banner is probably the best way to go (as long as it fits with the theme of the live wallpaper). There is also a YouTube video of my live wallpaper on that page that you can watch to see the style of the application.
1. I would lean more towards a grey-scale colour palette that fits the mood of the live wallpaper (winter, loneliness).
a) But I'm not averse to a more cartoony look with a bit of colour that would look good in the Play Store.
2. Not too simplistic/minimal, it does need to fit in with the other Play Store banners and draw customer attention with a nice graphic.
3. The tree (and any other graphics) should dominate the image, the text should be secondary.
1. 1024w x 500h, JPG or 24-bit PNG
2. I will be translating the text into 11 other languages, so make sure that the text is easily editable by a copy/paste in the source EPS
a) Please include two example versions with the following text: "Fond d'écran animé Arbre Solitaire" and "孤独的树动态壁纸"
3. I will also need a cropped version of it (with no text), 512w x 512h 32-bit alpha PNG, but the 1024x500 version is the priority.
I've attached a .zip file with the existing banner and the source pictures I used to create the banner and the application. But DO NOT feel as if you have to use these, if you'd like to illustrate something from scratch that would probably be better.