We would like to rebrand our image in an effort to gain a recognizable image that will relate to a wide variety of people.
I'm looking for something Bold, Innovative and Cool that will represent the type of music we put out. We are attempting to take drumlines to a new level and we need a logo that reflects this
If you look on our website splash page you will see what we have been working with for the past five years. This was done by a 14 year old boy in Paint and I took it into Photoshop and spruced it up. It was good for starters but now we have grown and need something new.
We are a drumline composed of high school and college aged kids. We are a hybrid corp and show style if that means anything to you. We have gone from playing for neighborhood gigs to playing 3 years for the NBA Atlanta Hawks. We travel extensively and have gained quite a bit of notoriety We are a non profit organization which helps kids in their skills as percussionist and also assist in building their character.
What I am looking for is going to be a challenge. I need a brand logo that will speak to a lot of different people but will not be offensive. We need a logo that will look great on several different media types. We plan to use it on a WEBSITE, BUSINESS CARDS, LETTERHEAD, T-SHIRTS, BAGS, PENCILS. Just about anyplace you can think of so this needs to be kept in mind. This logo will represent us so we need something recognizable that will immediately let people know who we are.
Our audience will be kids that will want to join us and play, Parents that will want their kids to play with us. Band Directors. Fans, People that will hire us to play at their events and most importantly POTENTIAL DONORS. That means everyone from 5 to 105 is a potential customer in some form. Therefore I need something Hip-Hoppish and teen like but yet corporate at the same time that corporate executives will look at and decide to donate. It must be cross audience. I understand this will be hard..this is why I'm not trying to do it.
Our colors at the moment are Blue, Black and silver. Blue is the dominant color. I need something that says Cool. "I want to wear that shirt even though I dont play for them", but will also look respectable on a business card.
C.R.E.A.M. is an acronym that stands for The Creators of Rudimental Excellence and Movement.
Our tag line this year is Educate, Entertain, Empower
You can feel free to use the long acronym or the tag line in your design. I'm leaning toward the tag line if anything although it would be nice if either one could be interchanged depending on the media it's on.
The word part of the logo should read C.R.E.A.M. Percussion NOT C.R.E.A.M. Drum Corps. We have changed our name to C.R.E.A.M. Percussion. Emphasis should be placed on C.R.E.A.M. The picture part of the logo if any is open to interpertation
If you have seen our website you can probably guess that will be the next step in our rebranding effort. I won't make a lot of promises about gobs of work in the future but it is likely. We suck.
I'm going to have a variety of people helping me decide from, parents, kids, staff and other adults. It is possible that we will chose more then one that can be used as a t-shirt design but of course our main concern is or main logo.
I will give feedback. I know how artist are so I'm going to feel a little uncomfortable saying anything bad. I know you guys work hard.
Good luck and I'm glad I'm not you.
If you have 10 minutes to kill take a look at us on Youtube to get some inspiration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igr6_PrgbPo ....and yes I am an adult.
- It should be able to be printed on a variety of different color backgrounds
- Something bold that stands out
- Something that excites and gets the blood pounding like a bass drum
- Something that looks cold dark and menacing, majestic and heroic. Like batman. Like we are about to dust you off in this drumline competition
- Something proud and militant, Like we are standing with our hands on our waist with cape waving in the wind.
- Something fluid and creamy...but still has some hardness to it.
- It must have blue, black and silver in it
- Two part logos are acceptable. A main part for a business card or masthead and an added on part for shirts or larger media that can support it.
- I would like this delivery in Photoshop vector format please
- I dont want to come off as a crippled non profit begging for money (never mind that we are)
- Something that looks like graffiti on a bus. (spray paint effects)
- Any logo with a basic drum or drum sticks...(too easy) but if you have a twist on it then give it a try.
- Anything cartoonish