Starting out as a group of friends training together at a local dance studio, Shift-1 originally formed to perform a dance routine at a local fashion show, and never looked back! “Shift-1” when typed on a computer keyboard gives you an exclamation mark, and the boys proudly proclaim this as the nerdiest way a dance crew has ever been named!
Shift-1’s unique style is a reinvention of the oldschool street dance styles of Popping & Locking. They bring a signature blend of dancing, story telling and character to their routines through the use of illusionary dance techniques such as waving, puppet and robot.
Shift-1 consists of 5 main members - Sheru (yellow suit), Chris (green suit), Bryce (blue suit), Paul (pink suit) and Rush (purple suit). All of the boys reside in or around the Brisbane area in sunny Queensland - Australia.
In person, the boys are light-hearted and down to earth, always joking around and being happy yet professional. Their goal with each show (whether a performance or a competition) is simply to entertain the crowd as much as possible, while having as much fun as possible!
Most recently, Shift-1 have achieved a grand final finish (3rd place) on the TV show Australia's Got Talent 2008.
Something that appeals to everybody, although since it's going on our promo material, it has to have large appeal to corporate booking agents
The logo should be mainly clean and professional, however feel free to mix in an element of fun (completely open to your creativity).
* Some sort of symbol must be part of the logo (not just text) that immediately identifies what we do *
Some things that might help:
* Youtube 'Shift-1' to get a feel for exactly what we do (look for the 4 guys in suits)
* There are only ever 4 of us on stage at a time
* Shift-1 on a computer keyboard (Shift+1) is an exclamation mark - "!"
* We have 5 suit colors (bright) - yellow, green, pink, purple, blue
* We always wear suits, it's kind of our trademark
Once again, these are just guides, not requirements. Thanks and have fun!