Safe Auction Federation
We represent a company that verifies and assures the integrity and business practices of Online Auction websites. We need a logo for the company, and a related/similar icon that you can also think of as the 'Seal of Approval" from the company.
The company's goal is to "certify" auction companies such as Bidz.com, uBid.com or ProxiBid..
The name of the company is "Safe Auction Federation", whose initials are SAF. We'd like those letters highlighted as part of the logo. We also believe that we could use the letters written this way: "SAFe" since the second letter of that last word, "federation", is an e...and "safe to buy here" is the point we're tried to communicate.
Most "seals" and most government logos are based on circles (http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h…=&gs_rfai=)
We believe that round logos inspire trust and look more official, and so we'd prefer that our logo be a circle as well. Still, we are open to any ideas you might have. For example, the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com) is not a circle at all, and Thawte (http://www.thawte.com) and Verisign (http://www.verisign.com) don't have circle logos, but use circles in their logos or seals. Underwriters Laboratories (http://www.ul.com) is a circle logo.
McAfee Secure (http://www.mcafeesecure.com) has a shield logo. We'd be open to using a shield as well.
We want the logo to instill trust, be easy to read, and look very legitimate and strong. We'd also need it to work well (possibly in a slightly different, less detailed version) when very small, possibly if used as a small icon or seal of approval. (See below for details).
We have two target audiences. The first is the auction companies themselves, who we hope will pay us to "verify" their operations. Our second audience is the auction visitor, who wants to know that the website they are shopping on is legitimate.
* We want SAF or SAFe to be easily readable in the logo. In the full version of the logo, we should see the full name "Safe Auction Federation" spelled out. If you are basing your logo on a circle or shield, the name can either be inside the shape (like most government logos) or alongside.
* An alternate version of the logo should be our "seal", with "SAFe" in larger letters, and "Verified" also in the logo.
* The colors should be web safe colors, and are open to any "trustworthy" colors, such as IBM blue, money-green, or a deep solid red. We're really open to almost anything.
Deliverables would be the logo itself, in the following formats:
* Layered, original source PSD or Illustrator format
* Static JPG, GIF, PNG with and without transparency where possible.
Note: We'll be placing the logo onto our own website as well as our client's auction sites. We'd need to be able to use it just about everywhere.