You can see our existing logo at http://www.mediatechdesigns.com/. We really don't like it, so please don't draw from it for inspiration. We're looking for something less generic than a globe or orbit/swoosh to portray our business. We'd like something unique, creative, and memorable, yet also simple.
Please avoid cliché logo designs such as colored dots, swooshes, globes, and arcs. See http://designshack.net/articles/graphics/5-cliche-logo-design-trends-to-avoid/ and http://99designs.com/designer-blog/2011/12/09/what-not-to-do-overdone-and-overused-logos/
When abbreviating, we typically shorten MediaTech Designs to MTD. The initials MTD may or may not be integrated into the logo.
1. Simple - it must be simple enough to retain detail when printed or scaled down
2. Versatile - it must look good large or small, in color or not, online or in print, etc.
3. Appropriate - it must fit our business (software development / programming / consulting)
Some additional notes:
- Color: we would prefer to stick with just two or three colors maximum. We plan on using this logo on our website, so we must be able to design around it.
- Fonts: we generally prefer sans serif fonts, but you're the designer so we're open to new ideas. No more than 2 fonts please.
- 'Media' and 'Tech' should not be separated spatially or be on separate lines.
- The final design must be in vector format, and the names of fonts must be provided.
We understand the amount of time and effort involved in designing a logo and promise to do our best to be fair and provide the best feedback possible in a timely manner throughout the contest.
Additionally, we have other side businesses and projects that will need logos designed. If we find a designer whom we like their work, responsiveness, and professionalism, there may be opportunities for additional work for our company.