We would like to have some characters (and two non-character designs) designed for a short story which is told to kids and young adults (10 – 16 years old). The (very) short story is about an American adventurer who discovers ‘The Hidden World’, in which he meets trolls, dwarfs, elves, knights, etc. We would like some different poses for each character.
• = American adventurer
• fascinated by everything mystical, ‘out of this world’: trolls, elves, dwarfs, knights, ancient castles and their history and secrets, etc.
• specialty = treasure hunting
• different poses (leaning against a wall (the left or right side of the page), sitting, running, walking, standing, talking (with and without a balloon), thinking, holding a wooden cube, John with Nolo in his backpack)
• has a troll (Nolo) in his backpack
• = a purple thirty centimetres tall monkey-like figure with wings and a funny face
• He is a mini-troll.
• different poses (one ‘pose’ while he is eating a biscuit/cookies, Nolo in the backpack, Nolo talking, Nolo walking, Nolo with tears in his eyes, Nolo and John talking to each other)
The Blue Knight
• He has iron feet.
• He wears a sword.
• He is tough.
• He is tall.
The white Lady
• She is a beautiful princess.
• Later on became queen of the elves.
The Fairy Galymède
• She lives in the Fairy Labyrinth.
• She is as tall as a 6 or 7 year old. (The expression ‘haute comme trois pommes’ in French)
• She is the chief in the fairy forest.
The Dinosaur of the Aude
• The dinosaur is not ‘real’, we need a kind of spirit of the dinosaur (he is a reconstruction in a museum).
• This dinosaur is of the species ‘Ampelosaurus atacis’.
The Dwarfs of Bugarach (= a mountain)
• The chiefs of the Bugarach dwarfs were the two brothers ‘Bug’ and ‘Arach’.
• They are on each other’s shoulders, throwing magic dice.
• = chief of the mini-troll community
• = a friend of Nolo
• different poses (one where he is walking towards Nolo, one where he and Nolo dance for joy, one where he is hanging upside down from a tree eating the biscuits he stole out of John’s backpack, one where he is hanging in a tree, feeling embarrassed about the biscuits he stole)
The Great White Magician
• he watches over the harmony within The Hidden World and defies/faces Evil
• We would like to have a balloon in the same ‘style’ as the characters.
• We have to be able to put it next to John or Nolo.
At the end of the story, a puzzle has been made with 7 different pieces/wooden cubes (with the images of the seven characters they met during their journey: Le Chevalier Bleu, La Dame Blanche, La Fée Galymède, Le Dinosaure de l’Aude, Les Nains de Bugarach, Gillou, Le Grand Magicien Blanc).
We would like a puzzle that is beaming/radiating/shining when all pieces of the puzzle are united.