We are writing an iPad application which includes a table that presents data. We would like to style the table as being printed on old-style dot matrix printer paper. An example of the style of paper (with holes and perforations) can be found at http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-ph and also searching Google Images for "dot matrix printer paper".
The table will be horizontally scrollable so the paper needs to be landscape (i.e. with the holes/perforations along the top and bottom) so that the user can horizontally scroll along the paper. The paper also needs to be horizontally tileable, as the width of the table is not necessarily known in advance so the app will need to tile the paper image according to the table width.
There are some important considerations that need to be noted when designing the paper:
* The design needs to be fully vector so that it is infinitely scalable, important so that the paper can be reused in apps on devices requiring a much higher resolution (such as the Retina iPad, Retina MacBook, etc.).
* The design needs to be incredibly detailed, right down to the quality of the holes and perforations on the paper. We are also talking about little things such as the paper texture and small text (denoting the manufacturer or paper style) that occasionally can be found on the perforated section of the paper. We are expecting an extreme level of detail in the design - submissions which do not demonstrate this high-level of detail will be eliminated immediately.
* Regarding the size, please make the designed image the approximate resolution of a standard iPad screen (1024 by 768 pixels). As the image will be vector-based, we can later scale it up to other required sizes (such as 2048 by 1536 pixels for the Retina iPad).
* It would be useful if you could include a sample table on the page, for demonstration purposes, which is styled in a way that you deem congruent with the design of the paper. This should be on a separate layer, so that we can remove it and replace it with our own table, but this will at least allow us to get an idea about what styling we should apply to our table to fit with the overall design.
* As the design must be vector-based it may be delivered in either Adobe Illustrator CS5 (AI) and/or Adobe Photoshop CS5 (PSD) formats.
If you have any questions then please let us know. We look forward to seeing your submissions!