I am developing a 2d Perspective (2.5d) Android Ant simulation game. Players will be managing ant colonies with AI powered ants. This game will simulate how ants work in real life and therefore the images should be somewhat realistic.
This request is for the initial sprites needed to build the game.
- Each sprite must be transparent around the edge. I will request the PSD or AI file.
- Sprites should be no bigger than 40x40 pixels, but preferably under 25x25 pixels.
- Each sprite should be made at an angled top down view. (Similar to the angle Diablo 3 / Diablo 2 uses.)
- Critters should have a sprite for each 45 degree angle.
- No shadows. You can present sprites with shadows for presentation, but you should ensure that the deliverable does not contain shadows. Shadows will cause performance problems when blending with other textures and objects. (I will add a custom implementation of shadows.)
(1) Ant (All 45 degree perspectives (IE 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315, 360)
(1 - bonus) Preferably, 4 different types of ants. (Scout Ant, Worker Ant, Warrior Ant, Queen Ant)
(2) Food Crumbs
(3) Water droplets
(3) Ant Hill
Additional Consideration will be given to those that submit:
Sprite sheets of critters walking in each direction.
Additional Critters including any bug that occasionally interacts with ants.
This is also an opportunity for more work in the future as items are added to the game. This is a personal project at this time.
This is going to be a recreation of my previous game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wba2d8l6Cgs
For all designers, I think that I should create some guidelines for a submission to help keep the field level and allow each designer a specific task to work on.
1) One complete sprite sheet for one ant. This sprite sheet should contain at least 16 sprites of the ant. (One for each angle, plus one for the walking animation.) You may include more sprites for the walking animation, but only one will be required.
2) An ant hill. (Only one sprite required.)
3) Water droplets (sitting on the ground) Only one sprite required.
4) Food droplets (sitting on the ground) Only one sprite required.
I would like to request further work from the designer who wins. Additional work may include Terrain tile design, additional bugs, underground level design, logo design, and more. This will be spread over a period of time, however.