We need an icon for our new iPhone app!
The app is a fun entertainment based app that swaps people's faces in photos. Here is how it works:
1. User takes a photo with their camera, or choose one from their photo library.
2. Our app detects all of the faces in the photo and swaps them around.
3. The user can adjust the swapped faces if they want, and then share the resulting photo.
The key ideas that I would like to convey in the icon are:
- Face Swapping
- Fun/Playful (i.e. this is an entertainment app and not a business app)
For now we are quite open to ideas and looking forward to your creative proposals! However, I would like to remind you that the icon size is relatively small (see below), so you should try and avoid too many small details. Also, please avoid using text in the icon.
I will put in effort to refine these guidelines, and regularly give feedback as the contest goes forward too!
Required Sizes for iOS apps:
The most important size is 114x114 (viewed at 326 pixels per inch) because this is what is shown in the App Store and on the iPhone home screen. Elements in the icon should still be distinguishable at this size.
- The audience for this app will be predominantly teenagers, followed by adults.
- (app_screenshot.png) a screenshot to show the dotted-outline pattern that is used when the user selects a face to fine-tune (you do not need to incorporate this element in the icon. just thought i would show it if you want to try playing with it)
- (flow.jpg) example of the app flow. 1. User supplies a photo 2. Faces are detected and automatically copied and animated into swapped position 3. Resulting image.