We need an icon for our new iOS mobile application - JetScanner.
This will be mobile document scanning application which allows user to produce clean and legible documents from any picture.
Main competitive advantages:
- ultimate speed of image processing (will be best on market);
- perfect document quality (will also be best);
- high precision of document boundary detection;
- fully automated - will be simple as possible.
We need an icon which will:
- Reflect the metaphor of document scanning, computer vision, document image processing or processing speed (any or combination).
Please try to _avoid_ using image of old fashion flat-bed scanners - most of competitors already using it and we believe that in nearest future this symbol will not be recognizable by most of people.
- Be simple as possible. Should be scalable up and down, good looking in high resolution big size images (like 1024 AppStore icon) as well as on small size (52x52). We are going to use it on other platforms (Android, WinPhone).
Distinction and simplicity are key points.
- Targeted to business audience.
- Since we don’t have brand style yet, feel free to chose colors (keep in mind target audience).
- Icon should either be delivered as 1024x1024 Photoshop file (layered) or as Illustrator file. They should either look good when scaled to resolutions 57x57, 72x72, 114x114, 144x144, 512x512 or specific versions of the icons at these resolutions should be delivered; perhaps with less detail at low resolutions.
Basing on first poll results, we'd like to narrow demands for winning design:
1. Most important. Icon should represent camera and document. Better if camera will be presented as a source of document.2. Recipients likes simple easy reading forms (way, I’ve been right in brief). So icon should be clearly recognizable in small size and be good looking in big scale.4. What sould be avoided:⁃ Most of recipients don’t recognised any ideas (even very nice drawn) related to laser beams (especially horizontal).⁃ Idea of document conversion (ugly document into good looking) are also been too complex for understanding. This was really surprise for me.