A Search box design which represents out-of-the-box thinking:
The task is to design a new and innovative search box that appears in toolbars planted in browsers, applications, and websites.
It should comprise a text-entry field and some form of "Go" button (which will probably incorporate some form of a magnifying glass icon).
Search box design guidelines:
• Make it unique -it can't be another "plain vanilla" box with standard magnifier icon seen everywhere else
• The box needs to attract and encourage the user to search in it
• If your differentiation is based on colors,textures etc- it is not going to be enough
• Think in all dimensions, add depth, height, etc (within the limits set below)
• Ask yourself "does it have a WOW factor?" if not, please go back to the drawing board
Very important note: however unique the box design is, it still needs to be recognized as a search box, if the user can't recognize it as such you went too far!
The total area of the search box: 34 pixels * 380 pixels
(Height cannot be changed. Width can be reduced by up to 35% if required by the design)
The attached Search_box_location.PNG shows where the search box should be located. Please implement your design on top of place_design_over_this.PNG.
Final file format: PSD with the required transparency to fit it on an existing environment