Byrneholics Online http://www.byrneholics.com
Byrneholics Online is a fan site devoted to the actor Gabriel Byrne. It has been up and running for almost a year. We have a picture gallery that has seen 50K+ hits in that time and a pretty active forum, with a WP blog set up as the homepage. We are seriously committed to creating a central place for all things Gabriel Byrne, including news, interviews, info about his charity work and projects, media (mostly film clips and YouTube vids), and photos. And we also provide access to fan-created media, fiction, and other creative outpourings.
The fans who visit are well-educated, thoughtful, and generally crazy about Gabriel Byrne! They tend to be female (surprise!), but we are seeing more guys joining in. The audience is becoming more global, as the HBO show In Treatment becomes available in Europe and other countries outside the US. Also, professional media people are beginning to become aware of the site. Our target audience is really anyone interested in Gabriel Byrne, acting, writing, theatre, and political and social activism.
We enjoy our fun, but we're interested in good design and transparent navigation, too.
1. Design should be clean and visually striking (check out the Byrneholics Gallery for inspiration!).
2. Stick to a blue(ish) palette.
3. Fonts should be medium-sized (too small makes people angry!)
4. Think about using a CMS template like Our Magazine from ThemeForest--this is really what we are going for: more user interaction and engagement
5. The current Gallery and Forum will be included in the new design; we'll just link to them, I hope!
6. Navigation needs to be as transparent as possible--we get some visitors who are not tech savvy
Site navigation links, including subpages, are:
-> Film Info
Hopefully these can be drop down/hover thingies or the design can be sized to accommodate the sublinks and display them.