Frontiers Of Interaction
Frontiers of Interaction was founded in 2005 to explore topics and ideas in the field of Interaction Design. In a very short time, it has become known as the leading Innovation conference in Italy.
The unusual format creates an immersive experience featuring music, interactive and artistic installations, demo sites and keynotes, and makes it an ideal venue for thinkers and doers, innovators and academics, early adopters and long-term geeks.
Frontiers of Interaction is a hybrid show that attracts inspiring international speakers and Italian talents, creating a bridge between Europe and Silicon Valley (digital cultural “hot spots” around the world) .
Local and international speakers.
Multidisciplinary audience of managers, researchers and media professionals.
A passionate cream of the crop team of organizers.
WHO / SPEAKERS
In the first 5 years of the event, we hosted luminaries such as Bruce Sterling (SCI-FI author), Adam Greenfield (Nokia), Luke Williams (frog design), Fabio Sergio (Frog Design), Elizabeth Churchill (Yahoo), Jeffrey Schnapp (Stanford University), Bruno Giussani (TED Global) and other renowned academics from educational institutions such as Tokyo University, MIT, Fraunhofer Institute and UCLA.
See complete presentation on the attached pdf file.
WHO / AUDIENCE
Our participants are young (most of 20-40) artists, developers, marketers, managers and programmers who are interested in digital design, technology and innovation.
Frontiers of Interaction is the only event in Italy that brings together such a diverse group of entrepreneurs, CEOs, early adopters and trendsetters with students, researchers and professionals.
WHO / SPONSORS
Artemide, Nokia, Wired, Working Capital, Telecom Italia, Wave, frog design, Intesa Sanpaolo, Bastard
WHERE / WHEN
After spending our first three years in Milan (at Milano Bicocca University, 2005-2007), Frontiers of Interaction went on the road. Our 2008 conference took place in the 2008 World Design Capital, Turin (Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Museum of Contemporary Design, 2008), and for the 2009 and 2010 events, we gathered in Rome (at the marvelous and unconventional Acquario Romano).
To host high quality content for such a high level audience, we have created an event format that delivers a unique interactive experience.
Design an impactful website based on WordPress for the future home of the Frontiers of Interaction Conference!
1. Keep the logo on http://frontiersofinteraction.com (now redirecting to an other URL). Look around on the current website (ignore the language if you don't speak Italian), and the extensive social presence... The website itself will not serve as a social hub for the participants.
2. Use the *orange* color, but not too much. Apart from that you are welcome to change the current color scheme.
3. Make sure that there is a way to differentiate the main sponsors from the rest of the sponsors.
4. Create a header that uses full width photos (from the conference's Flickr stream), and overlays a strip of speaker photos like the example header 1 attached from http://www.web2expo.com/webexsf2011
5. Create a footer that can accommodate multiple sections, like in the examples attached.
6. Take into account that the website will have to not only promote the main yearly Frontiers Of Interaction conference, but also other formats and events: FOI Kick-off, FOI Concert. Also, it will serve as the main website of FOI the company.
7. There will be a video portal page which will host (on a new service) the videos now on http://video.frontiersofinteraction.com.
The winning designer will have the opportunity of being considered for further work on the implementation project!