How wayne cerullo started their character or mascot journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
myHopscotch saves people hours of time and aggravation as well as thousands of dollars as an independent car buying service. We actively negotiate the best deal on new and used cars - what the car locating sites don't do because they are actually funded by the dealers. We work for no one but our car-buying clients!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Hopscotch the super dog
We want to create a mascot (named "Hopscotch") that is man’s best friend. Our mascot is brave and strong but not menacing. He is fun to be with but not silly or goofy. He’s a mid-size dog like a Labrador, or shepherd or beagle, but he should not be too realistic. Actually he is a person in canine form.
A black Hopscotch “H” is proudly visible on his chest. A cape shows his “super dog” status. The depiction could be 3-d or flat and should be colorful enough to look good with our yellow & black logo, but he should not be primarily red and blue like Superman. Please create one key visual to be selected for this contest; once selected, you agree to create 5 additional versions for $300. Specific digital format and specific poses will be finalized after selection.
We will want a small library of poses (~6) depicting this super hero character. We will want depictions of Hopscotch:
1. Smiling standing side profile with arms crossed (standard presentation on website)
2. Sniffing on the floor for clues (showing searching for info)
3. Standing with thoughtful skeptical look (showing disbelief of competitive claims)
4. Ready to fight with dukes up (showing negotiation vs. dealers)
5. Standing with arms crossed like a guard or bouncer (showing protection vs. dealer mistreatment)