Skewsoft is a micro ISV focusing on Mac and iPhone applications. Our first iPhone app, Sums, will be posted to the App Store soon. Here's a marketing blurb about the app:
Sums is a notebook for numbers. With it, you can record, edit, and keep a running total of the amounts, tallies, scores, and figures that matter to you. Use it to write a budget, track expenses, balance your checkbook, tally game points, log your mileage, or manage any other list of numbers in your life.
Don't waste your time with spreadsheets or other complicated apps. Sums provides a simple, intuitive, paper-like interface that lets you enter, edit, rearrange, and delete figures quickly and easily. All it takes is a few quick taps to get a number out of your head and into your iPhone or iPod touch.
Nothing specific. The app is designed to appeal to a wide variety of iPhone and iPod touch users.
The icon will appear on the iPhone home screen (where the user can tap it to launch the app) and on the App Store info page for the app. It must meet the following requirements:
* The icon must be in SVG format
* The icon must look good at both 57x57 pixels (on the device) and 512x512 pixels (on the App Store page)
* The icon should not contain the words "Sums" or "Skewsoft"
* The icon should not contain the Greek letter sigma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma)
* The icon should not contain the dollar sign ($) or any other indication that the app relates to money (because, in general, it does not)
* Ideally, the icon should give some suggestion of the app's purpose (for example, a plus sign (+) and/or some numbers)
Beyond that, we're mostly looking for the icon to add a touch of beauty and elegance to an otherwise plain and simple (but useful!) application. Feel free to be creative!