Great work. It will help my career. I look forward to using the cover soon.
How thermoray started their book cover journey
Singer: Dragon Rider
Young girl wants to ride the dragons who live in her mountain valley, The book chronicles her struggle to heal a lame dragon and ride him, then recover when he dies. The book chronicles her adventures: her promise to help them, including hunting together, a war with barbarians and single combat with a barbarian prince,
Formatting requirements are Amazon, so would need to fit Amazon requirements:
cover images to be “2820 pixels on the shortest side and 4500 pixels on the longest side” for best quality. Maximum file size is still 5MB. Minimum pixel dimensions for covers are 625 x 1000 pixels.
height/width ratio of 1.6
- The title Singer needs to use the iconic reverse treble clef in attached file(1). The part that is the ‘S’ should stand out.
- The cover should include a girl and a dragon. Ideally, she would be wearing leather outfit and have a bow or sword. Attached are ideas from a design contest (attachment 3 and 4), but are not professional enough
-In attachment 4, (girl riding the dragon) the dragon is weird.
- the dragons have 4 legs plus wings and are not pretty. They are fierce but don't have spikey things poking out.
- the rider is not Daenyris from Game of Thrones. It might be best to have her face turned from view so the reader can imagine her.
- Attachment 2 is a cover for another in the series to indicate the level of professionalism needed.
The dragons are enigmatic. It takes 1/4 of the book before she rides one (and they fight together in a battle), but the dragon dies. She spends lots of the rest of the book trying to ride again.
Scenes with her and a dragon in the book: trying to free a big dragon in chains; her saving a little dragon from a flash flood (they are in a canyon as the water rises); flying free; watching the sunset over mountains and glaciers with a bunch of dragons perched next to them; fighting armed men with spears and crossbows on a mountain top while riding the dragon; girl being attacked by a mountain lion while the dragon tries to help; girl fighting a shirtless barbarian in a circle surrounded by other barbarians while two dragons battle an army in the background.
What to avoid
cartoon feel; children's book feel;
You people are pros, and I rely on your judgement as to what will attract people to the book and be aesthetically pleasing,