Every month, we mail out 50,000 postcards to announce a new teaching series at our church. For Easter, we are doing a series called "The Cage: Toe to Toe with JC (Jesus Christ)" that features six different people from the Bible and what happened to them when they went "toe to toe" with Jesus.
The Pointe Church
The Cage is an American Ultimate Fighting (Wrestling) feature for top matches when two people enter a wrestling ring and cannot leave until a victor is established. We are going to be teaching on the changed lives that occur when the cage comes down on the ring and a person is toe-to-toe with the champion (Jesus).
Before you start, check out our website at http://www.ThePointeChurch.com. We launched our church in a movie theatre and now have our own place. For this series, we will turn the stage into a wrestling ring and place a cage in the ceiling to drop down when we get ready to teach.
Please do not design any pretty pastel or churchy stuff your grandma would love. Our target is a 33 year old guy who thinks church and God are irrelevant. The postcard needs to be very intriguing, gritty, and masculine.
We mail out these postcards every month to the same households so it has to fit into our brand. See our site to get an idea - right now we have a "Dangerous - Crash of Rhinos" card featured on the home page. It will help you get a sense of what we do.
The Postcard must CREATE TENSION not resolve tension. Do not tell the end of the story but rather the start of one. It should not have pictures of Jesus or life change or anything that might be cheesy. It should cause the reader to wonder what the series is about not tell them what it is about. Intrigue not explanation.
- Item 1...Headline to be "The Cage"
- Item 2...Subhead to be "Toe to Toe with JC"
- Item 3...Pointe Church Logo - just provide a small 1" wide by 3/4 inch high space for us to drop our logo into the design. It is a text only logo.
- Compelling illustration or photo or artwork.
- This design is for FRONT SIDE POSTCARD ONLY - we will layout the back copy and mailing side.
- Item 1...Show the card to your grandma. If she hates it, you may have a winner.
- No WWF characters or pop-culture personalities
- No Fight Club ripoffs
- If you go to istockphoto.com and throw some text over a picture, then you better have a very good fit. While the first card we did thru 99 designs won that way, it is not likely this one will.