For our new app called "Swiss Trains Live", we need a GUI-design and icon-design.
This app will give users in Switzerland the option, to see the actual (so not the timetables, but real) arrival and departures times of trains in all Swiss cities. People can select a city themselves, or just start the app and the app searches for the nearest train station, and shows directly the live arrival and departure times.
The target audience are people using the train (ir)regularly, and who can see when they are close to the train station, if they have to hurry to catch the train, or can still wait a few minutes and get a coffee:-)
Attached screenshots of the current beta-version, which should give you an idea of all functions in the app.
(a) startupscreen for the app
(b) screens for the app itself, they should all have four tabs: "live", "favorites", Disruptions" and "About us"
(1) contents of screen "live" are:
* list of trainstations which can be selected
* when selecting a station, a list is displayed of trains with arrival and departure-times (subtabs?). Also displayed here is the update-time of this page; a reload button; a "add to favorites" button"; a "map this station on google maps" button; a "back to station list" button and a "go back"-button. "Add to favorites" and "map this station" could maybe be combined (see attached screenshot).
* when clicking on a train, a list is displayed of all train stations that is part of the trainline of this train, including their "scheduled" arrival and departure times per station, and the "actual" arrival and departure times. Also displayed here is the update-time of this page; a reload button; a "add to favorites" button"; a "map this station on google maps" button; a "back to station list" button and a "go back"-button.
* clicking on the "map this station" should display a googlemaps-page with the train station mapped on the map.
(2) contents of the favorites screen is:
* list of favorite stations and list of favorite trains
* option should be there to remove the favorites
(3) screen should show a list of current disruptions: clicking on a disruption shows the full content of the disruption.
(c) logo/icon for the app should be (similar to) the official swiss railway clock, see attachment.